You dream of seeing your name in print while you’re stuck down on Earth, in a reality where:
- You’re awesome at what you do, but nobody knows about you
- You start each month dry, without a clue where your next client will come from
- You have an email list but no one’s joining and/or
- The only time people do notice you is when you pay out the nose for pricey social media ads
(Not to mention make your frenemies who think you’re nuts for starting a biz finally admit you’re legit.)
But…you have no idea how to get high-profile publicity.
So you dream about that faraway kingdom and don’t actually DO anything about it.
Sound familiar? Oh, my love, I feel you. I’ve sat right where you are, scrolling through my Facebook feed, seeing other people’s names in big media outlets and feeling…well…jealous and bitter.
I mean, let’s be honest, right? When you see other people in your field getting press, getting industry famous, and getting tons of clients, it makes you kind of crazy. It’s so hard when you know you have the goods but no one knows about you yet.
When I stopped dreaming and started taking action to get major press for my business, everything changed.
And I’m not using that as a figure of speech. I mean everything changed…
Or that you can have an inbox full of new leads who are happy to pay every penny of your fee, simply because they saw you in their favorite media outlet?
Or that you can become an overnight rock star in your field from just ONE media opportunity?
…And that it costs exactly $0 to land big media spots??!?
Once your big story is published, you get to keep that cred FOREVER as well as share it again and again. (And thanks to syndication and social media, your article will keep circulating to infinity and beyond.)
By sharing your expertise in the media, you can speak to a warm audience full of your ideal clients and customers… all you need is a laptop and an internet connection.
This isn’t a bunch of inflated promises that don’t actually pan out in real life. This is what actually happened in my business.
I’ll tell you exactly how I built my business to multiple six figures by scoring features in Forbes, Marie Claire, and the Today show before anybody knew my name in a hot minute.
But first, you should know that to leverage the media to get noticed, skyrocket your credibility, and attract new clients to your business…
- You don’t need to be a “writer”
- You don’t need an expensive PR team, and
- You don’t need a big name, a single media connection, OR the keys to a magical unicorn kingdom
Editors are constantly looking for expert talent. They’re scouring the internet searching for go-to people who can make their jobs a little easier, by…
- Sharing personal stories that speak to their audiences
- Weighing in on hot, of-the-moment topics
- Answering industry questions their readers are dying to know
The media industry can’t survive without people who share their stories, insight, voices, experiences, and advice. That’s what journalism is: free expression. We’re lucky enough to have it exist — so let’s start taking advantage of it, yes?
Here’s the truth: Regular people just like you and me are getting published in big name outlets every day.
They’re not “experts”. And they’re sure as hell not journalists.
They’re simply people with the tenacity to share their voices with the world.
I grew my email list by over 29,000 in nine months from press that has led readers back to my website and landing pages. (In fact, I’ve even been paid thousands of dollars by big-name publications who want me to share my “expertise” with their audiences…making media one of the only ways to get paid to generate leads!)
I was featured on the Today show without a media kit, professional headshots, or fancy press releases
I’m a weekly columnist for Greatist without having a writing background.
I was invited by Arianna Huffington to be an Editor at Large at Thrive Global without any journalism training.
I interviewed celebrities under Marie Claire magazine without a celebrity Rolodex.
I’ve been in national print, online, and televised media placements…without knowing a single soul in the media world when I started out. I’ve been featured in:
It’s a running joke among my friends that I’m not actually qualified for anything I do.
So if you’ve been telling yourself you need more education, qualifications, or connections before you can score big PR wins…
Stop right now. (Thank you very much.)
I started with nothing. And in less than three years, I’ve achieved everything I just shared with you.
So trust me when I say you’ve already got everything you need to get big press for your business. No matter how small it is (as in, just you — even a part time, Side-Hustling you)!
Susie is always full of creative ideas and pitches that you haven’t seen before — she’s really honed her topics and knows how to mine her wealth of knowledge again and again.
Susie’s copy and ideas are clicky (and never click-bait!). They’re original and fun, so they drive traffic, which ultimately is what every editor wants.”
Because I’m not a professional publicist. Not even close.
Some people want to work with a pro publicist and that’s cool. A great PR team can surely help you land awesome media opportunities.
But the reality of working with publicists is that:
- They’re expensive, man — you’ll pay $10-12K/month for private services or thousands of dollars for one online course
- You’re limited to their networks — most publicists focus on a few key publications and have relationships with only select editors
- They have lots of other clients — they may have to spread their “favors” and opportunities out, meaning you might not get their best media spots
So you have to keep paying them if you want the good stuff. That means you’ll always be dependent on your publicist for your big publicity wins.
The reason I advocate being your own publicist is that I don’t like being dependent on anyone else. That’s the whole reason we started our own businesses, right?
So let’s talk about how YOU can control your media exposure…
When you know how to be your own publicist, you can approach any editor, about any topic, at any time.
You can make the most of every single media opportunity by getting more social shares, more eyeballs on your story, and more potential clients reading your work.
You can keep all the relationships you build with editors, producers, and other key media contacts. Opportunities that open up years from now will come straight to YOU, and not a PR firm who may or may not share them with you!
If this sounds too good to be true, remember that I’m not promising some fantasy here. This is what I’ve already done in my own business.
If I have one major strength as a business owner, it’s that I’m not afraid to try. Over the years, I’ve tried everything I could think of to get published. And I’ll be honest, I succeeded a very, very small percentage of the time.
But once I figured out the magic formula that worked, I covered it in gasoline and lit that sh*t on fire. With each new opportunity, I refined my process further. And I eventually developed a simple system that anyone can use to get big-name press for their brand.
When you look at the list of where I’ve been published, you can’t deny that this system works.
And I can’t wait to share it with you.
- You’re not a writer
- You have zero experience being interviewed on video or in print
- You don’t have insider connections to the publishing industry
- You think you’re too shy, young, new, old, fat, ugly, boring, inexperienced, or [[insert any other bogus, negative things we tell ourselves]] to ever get published
Susie Moore built her ENTIRE platform off of guest posting and strategic media alliances. Soooo… she’s kind of got the battle-scars to know the nuances of how to win with this strategy. And, that’s why I bring her in to lead my crowd on this topic.
Susie helped me find my voice and footing as a writer, attract new clients, and get featured in media I LOVE!
I’ve already been in Elephant Journal and Yoga Magazine and paid to write for Sivana East. If you’re ready to make things happen – she’ll do it for you.”
Susie’s a powerhouse and stretches her clients beyond their own comfort zones.
Interior Designer + Creative Stylist
For the record, my 1:1 coaching clients pay me well over $1,500/hour, so this is the biggest steal you may ever find!
- Being the best-kept secret in your industry
- Having little to no writing or media experience
- Not using the media to help grow your business or reputation
- Getting recognized as an expert with features in big-name publications
- Writing articles that grow your email list by hundreds or thousands a pop
- Hearing from people who can’t wait to work with you after reading your latest piece
- Meeting influencers and having industry icons and thought leaders sharing your work and insights
As a busy entrepreneur, I know you don’t have time to be your own full-time PR team. This program gives you targeted action steps to get you published quickly and effectively.
Sound like a dream? Here’s how we do it…
Because the less you have to do, the more likely you’ll be to actually DO IT and get your name in print, baby!
The program includes 5 easy-to-consume video modules and 4 proven-to-work scripts to get you featured in the media.
Oh, and — because people always ask this — you do not need to live in a big city like NYC or LA for this system to work its media magic. All of the strategies in Five Minutes to Famous are virtual and can be successfully applied from anywhere in the world. You won’t need a face-to-face meeting to get your first big feature!
Clearly defining your brand is ESSENTIAL. It’s not an optional step, my love — you must have a clear identity and messaging to guide the rest of your strategy. Otherwise, you’ll be pitching topics that don’t align with your brand, which leads to missing the mark on your business goals.
In Module 1, you’ll learn how to:
- Create your core brand messaging to guide each and every story you write
- Develop specific areas of expertise, a strong viewpoint, and a compelling, unforgettable voice
- Confidently describe why editors should choose you over everyone else — the critical foundation for your rejection-proof pitch!
- Pinpoint topics that bring massive attention from media, press, and readers
- Position yourself as an expert in your field, so editors and readers alike seek your opinion
This module is about getting strategic with your media placements so your press gets results (to the tune of list growth, clients, and sales). Plus, you’ll learn how the heck to make that important editor connection that will take your business to the next level.
Together, we’ll map out:
- A detailed description of your dream clients, students, and subscribers…so you can create the exact content they’re looking for
- A hit list of the local, national, and niche publications that your ideal clients are reading and are consistent with your brand
- How to find the contact information for editors at big publications, even if you don’t have a single media contact. (This is worth its weight in gold — you can’t pitch editors if you don’t know where to find them!)
- Which media and publications drive real results for your biz and which don’t. (Bet you’ll be as surprised as I was when I learned this.)
- How to supercharge your SEO by choosing publications that provide high-quality backlinks to your website
That’s where your pitch comes in. After years of pitching editors (and admittedly making a bunch of mistakes along the way,) I know the exact way to structure your pitch to get approved by even the most competitive media outlets. Together, we’ll craft what to say to get the attention of big players in the wild, noisy world of publishing.
In this module, you’ll discover:
- How to effectively pitch any editor in any niche on any topic
My strategy to never run out of stand-out story angles and irresistible topics that editors at places like
- Huffington Post, Business Insider, and Shape magazine can’t get enough of
- How to piggyback on trends in the zeitgeist to make your pitch even more enticing to editors
- Polite-but-assertive follow up strategies to get a “yes!” response from busy editors…without becoming an annoying stalker
- My unique “Laddering Up” sales technique to leverage each media feature to get more and bigger publications to approve your pitches. (Bonus: you can apply this same strategy to land more and bigger clients, more and bigger speaking gigs…the opportunities are endless!)
Because if you don’t submit a killer article that fulfills the promise of your pitch, your piece will never get published. Follow this simple system to create an editor-approved article that leads readers to your website like hipsters to a deconstructed latte. No previous writing skills required!
- The 5 simple elements your article must include to get published in print or online
- How to write a story that hooks interest, gets tons of clicks, and makes readers take the next step with your business
- Productivity hacks to make the writing process easy, fun, and fast (I bang out my articles in one hour flat!)
- Concrete ways to generate new business by writing in a way that makes readers fall in love with you
- How to optimize your website to take advantage of all the traffic your guest posts will be sending you
Module 5 is all about:
- Your Post-Publish Checklist of the promotional activities to do once your article goes live so that everyone sees it
- The syndication secrets that lead to thousands of likes, shares, and comments — and millions of views — on your articles
- How to 10x your content by repurposing it on your blog, as part of a book, or in a paid program or course…with integrity and permission
- My “Topic Remix Method” to re-engineer your most successful published articles to pitch to new media outlets (to save time writing new content and brainstorming new topics)
- How to build powerful relationships the right way to become every editor’s go-to person in your industry for future press opportunities
- The million-view trick to get your work shared by influencers who are happy to spread the word, if you know how to work it! I’ve had my work shared by Paolo Cohelo (author of The Alchemist), Arianna Huffington, Tony Robbins, Kris Jenner, Steven Pressfield, and Dave Asprey (founder of Bulletproof Coffee) using this strategy — some of the coolest moments of my life!
Don’t sweat, pet. All you’ve got to do is fill in the blanks of these battle-tested scripts to create your own irresistible copy.
These scripts are based on a combination of what’s proven to work and what I know editors like to receive.
Want to jam on your content ideas and test-drive your pitch? Your wish is my command!
Inside the private Five Minutes to Famous Facebook community, you’ll connect with me and my team to get targeted feedback on any stumbling blocks that come up along your path to getting published.
Plus, you’ll also have a gold mine in the network of other FM2F students. You can discover secrets of what works best, share tried-and-true tips, and hey, maybe even score hard-to-find editor contact info from other students!
I sat down with my beloved editor and good friend Lynya Floyd at Family Circle to ask her the burning questions non-PR peeps like us really want to know!
In this bonus interview, Lynya gives you the inside scoop on topics like:
- The differences between pitching a print and digital editor
- How to convey expertise in both the pitch and your writing/media appearance without going overboard
- How to consistently come up with good ideas that attract a lot of attention
For the record, my 1:1 coaching clients pay me well over $1,500/hour, so this is the biggest steal you may ever find!
I’m not a professional publicist! (Or journalist. Or writer.) I’m just a gal like you who wanted to grow my one person business for free – quickly and with profit from the get-go.
You won’t find fancy PR jargon inside Five Minutes to Famous. You won’t learn how to make a sparkly media kit or write a smooth-as-buttah press release. And I won’t show you how to design a perfectly optimized content calendar. For one reason…
You don’t actually need those things to get published!
I didn’t have any of them (and still don’t) and it hasn’t held me back one smidge. And, seeing as I’ve been featured in places that even some top publicists can’t access, I’m confident in saying you don’t need ’em either! #justsaying
Five Minutes to Famous cuts out all the unnecessary distractions. We zero in on the strategies that are proven to work to get you PUBLISHED, already!
The strategies inside the program have helped me gain:
- Over 26,000 new email subscribers in the last 9 months without relying on Facebook ads
- A fully booked one-on-one coaching business
- The credibility to charge premium prices (and by premium, I mean my coaching is $1,250/hour) without my clients batting an eye
- Speaking opportunities at online marketing events, on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and in Facebook live streams at Family Circle, Greatist, Business Insider and Entrepreneur Magazine
- An invitation to be an Editor at Large at Thrive Global, from Arianna Huffington herself
- A #1 international bestselling book that turned into an amazing BOOK DEAL! (And I wrote that book largely by repurposing articles I’d already written for Marie Claire, so it was a snap.)
- Requests to be guests on podcasts from entrepreneurs such as Melyssa Griffin and Farnoosh Torabi
- Social shares of my articles by big influencers
- TONS of industry cred and connections to influencers. My reputation has connected me with industry insiders who have since become business collaborators, affiliate partners, and good friends!
Me with entrepreneurs, coaches and marketing experts such as Farnoosh Torabi, Melyssa Griffin, Emily Williams and other members of Selena Soo and Chris Winfield’s elite publicity mastermind, after I coached them on pitching to the media and getting published.
Oh, and one more reason me not being a professional publicist works out in your favor?
Five Minutes to Famous doesn’t come with the hefty 5+ figure price tag of most other PR courses out there. Yet it will get you the same results…if not better results, because you’ll actually start DOING instead of just planning.
So when I finally became friends with her, I asked her how she does it… and she told me her simple but brilliant process. I was so blown away that I asked her to come in and teach it at one of my private publicity workshops and also to my elite mastermind group!
I have a lot of titles: life coach, writer, speaker, bestselling author, and advisor to startups. But mostly, I help entrepreneurs grow profitable businesses and enjoy their lives along the way.
I started my coaching business as a side hustle, while working a full-time job as a Fortune 500 Sales Director. I decided early on that my coaching biz had to be self-sufficient, rather than a grossly expensive hobby. I needed a fast way to grow my audience, reach potential clients, and establish myself as an expert…that didn’t cost me a dime.
So I got to work as my own publicist! My first approved piece was for MindBodyGreen and I used that to leverage more and better media opportunities. I learned that in the publishing world, momentum begets momentum. There more you’re seen, the more people want. And the rest is history, man!
Media is the foundation of success in my biz.
My press has grown my list by tens of thousands and brought me amazing opportunities as an influencer. One morning, I woke up and had 700 new subscribers because a piece that I wrote went viral. Not only was my business growing at a crazy rate, I finally felt like I was making the BIG impact I’ve always wanted to make. People were reading my stuff. I was… dare I say… living my purpose?!
A couple other fun nuggets about me…which have nothing to do with PR:
- I left England at age 18 and moved to France, and then Sydney, and then New York City. I believe life’s meant to be one big adventure. I mean, why not?
- I helped build three startups over my career, all of which were sold, the most recent of which for $405 million
- I have THE most spoiled dog on the planet. (You can find her @coconutcollins on Instagram. She’s kind of a diva.)
- My hubby Heath work with me full-time on the Susie Moore team. I lovingly (most of the time) call him my “Tiger Mum” because he is a psycho motivator, data junkie, and taskmaster
- What inspires me most is thinking about death. Whenever I’m scared to do something, I remind myself that we only have a limited amount of time on this earth. And I don’t want to die with regret
Ah, the million-dollar question! We’ve all bought courses that promised big things but didn’t actually deliver results. It’s the opposite of fun.
So let’s talk about who will excel with this program…
Five Minutes to Famous is for you if
You’re a doer and love ticking things off of your to-do list. Editors aren’t going to magically find you and put your name in print. It just doesn’t work like that. I’ll give you the golden blueprint to get published in the media, but it’s only golden if you take action!
You’re busy, man. You’d love an easy-to-follow system to leverage the media and send email subscribers, clients, and raving fans your way…so you don’t have to hunt down every new client.
You’re not afraid to go outside your comfort zone to reach your big goals. This program will ask you to do things that you’ve never done before (like get published in top publications, hello!) You need to be willing to trust yourself and move forward.
You’ve got so much more to give. You know your current results are only the tip of the iceberg and you’re capable of so much more. You’ve got a story to tell, a voice to use, a message to share. You could make a massive difference in others’ lives…if only you had a platform to reach them.
You want to grow your personal brand. Five Minutes to Famous was made with entrepreneurs in mind — people like life coaches, course creators, fitness professionals, business coaches, designers, health and wellness coaches, online marketing strategists, copywriters, social media marketers, yoga teachers, speakers, and authors. But the program will help anyone who wants to grow their own personal brand by using the media, even if you don’t have (or want) your own business. (Big media mentions make you a powerful player when asking for your next raise or applying for your next position!)
You’re sick of seeing your “competition” featured in the media and are ready for a piece of the action! Because you’re worth it. And you have a whole lot to add!
It’s probably not a good fit if:
You just wanna be a millionaire…so freakin’ bad. Yes, leveraging press the right way could actually make you a millionaire. But it’s about so much more than that, too. It’s about building a legacy for yourself by genuinely connecting with readers. If you’re only in it for the payout, your writing will have no soul. And no soul is no bueno.
You’re 100% happy getting new leads from Facebook ads. You’re cool with spending three, five, or ten+ dollars for each new lead. You’re comfortable having all your lead gen eggs in one (temperamental) basket. And you’re not at all freaked out that Facebook could go *poof* tomorrow, or jack up their advertising prices overnight, or that your target audience is starting to suffer from “banner blindness”.
You’d rather blend in than stand out. You’re comfortable where you are, you don’t like the spotlight, and you get embarrassed when people notice you. I totally get that. This program isn’t a good fit right now, but when you’re ready for the world to see your awesomeness, I’d love to show you the way!
You make excuses instead of taking responsibility for your results. I love my students to death, but I’m not a hand-holder. I’ve done all the heavy lifting by giving you the scripts, the tricks, and the proven set of steps to get published in big media outlets. But your results ultimately come down to you.
It’s the framework that experts like Jeff Walker, Todd Herman, Chris Winfield, and Selena Soo have asked me to share with their audiences, to help them get published in big-name media outlets.
I know that you’ll love this material, too. But to make it an absolute no-brainer, I’m offering a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Work through Five Minutes to Famous — watch the video modules and read through the scripts — and if you don’t feel you have the proven blueprint to get you featured in the media, I’ll refund your money. Simple as that!
You’ll achieve all of that simply by sharing your story with the world. Deep down, I know you’ve got more to give. So give it, baby! You’ll discover how to let loose and fearlessly raise your voice…in a way that grows your business and impact like never before.
You’ll learn through:
- 5 video lessons walking you through a simple system to get you published, promoted, and paid ($597 value)
- 4 proven-to-work scripts to write a compelling writer bio, professional editor pitch, polite follow-ups, and captivating shirttail CTA ($297 value)
- Post-publish checklist of key promotional activities to make the most of every new article you write ($97 value)
- Bonus private Facebook community to share your ideas, pitches, and burning media questions ($497 value)
- Bonus Family Circle editor interview to get the inside scoop on what editors are really looking for from new writers ($297 value)
I always get excited to work with Susie Moore because she doesn’t just bring a unique voice and expertise to the table, but also enthusiasm and an open mind. That makes her both a delight to work with as well as a delight to read.
Editor-in-Chief, The Muse
Genuinely inspirational prose, clever ideas and respect for deadlines make Susie an absolute pleasure to work with. I get nothing but positivity and great copy from her!
Health Director, Family Circle
You can stay on your current path.
You can keep grinding to get each and every new client. Watching your email list tediously grow, one subscriber at a time. Paying thousands per month for Facebook ads. Knowing that you’re so much better than many of the other life coaches, fitness professionals, business coaches, designers, health and wellness coaches, social media marketers, yoga teachers, copywriters, or industry leaders getting “famous”…but nobody knows your name.
Or, you can go with Door #2.
You can trust yourself, commit to taking bold action, and use the next 12 months to build your business by leveraging the media.
A year from today, you can be clinking champagne glasses with your bestie, celebrating your latest PR win in Business Insider, The Huffington Post, Marie Claire, or MindBodyGreen.
You’ll watch as your email subscriber count increases by dozens, hundreds, or even thousands overnight, as your article is shared with international audiences.
You’ll update your website with an impressive “As Seen In” section with logos of high-profile media outlets who tout you as an expert.
You’ll work with high-paying clients who don’t balk at your prices because they trust you’re worth it.
You’ll be known as a star in your field.
You’ll get your message out there in the bigger way.
You’ll log on to social media and see an influencer sharing a piece you wrote. (This is SUCH a cool feeling!)
You’ll have people contacting you to be a speaker on their TV show, at their event, a guest on their podcast, or an expert on their panel.
And most importantly…
You’ll stop stressing about where your next client is coming from, because you’ll have a steady stream of new leads coming from your published articles. Every time an old article is re-shared or picked up by another syndication outlet, you’ll see a resurgence of new leads. Media is the gift that keeps on giving!
If you start today, all of these things are completely possible for you in the next year.
You already have a Ferrari in your garage. You have a helipad. Because you have a laptop — you can reach anyone, anywhere, anytime. Use it! We’re so privileged to be living now, nothing’s off limit.
And if you think it’s too noisy for your voice to be heard? It’s not. Only 1% of Americans have web authorship outside of social media. 99% of people are consuming. So CREATE! The opportunity has never been better.
Being featured in the media will change everything for your business. It can allow you to charge premium prices, fill your client calendar and programs, and to be seen as a true expert.
That last one is priceless. Once I landed big media placements and started being seen as an expert, I started performing like one. It up-leveled every part of my business by helping me start acting like a boss business owner.
I sincerely hope you get to experience these benefits firsthand.
If you’re ready to trust yourself, take bold action, and skyrocket your biz, just click the button below to join Five Minutes to Famous.
For the record, my 1:1 coaching clients pay me well over $1,500/hour, so this is the biggest steal you may ever find!